MINUTES OF MEETING HELD AT RICHMOND YACHT CLUB ON MONDAY 29TH APRIL 1974 TO FORM A H28 OWNERS ASSOCIATION COMMENCED AT 7:30 P.M.
PRESENT: Acting Chairman Mr R. Speed
Acting Secretary Mr J.K. Maurice.
There were 40 interested owners also present.
GENERAL: An agenda was presented to those present and the following
points discussed and put up for recommendations to the
- Mr B. Sutton suggested that the H28 become a restricted class same as the 'Cavaliers Association' works.
- Three clubs were suggested as possibilities for the Association to become affiliated with, they were the 'Richmond Yacht Club' 'Milford Boating Club' or 'Royal Akarana Yacht Club'. The general opinion was the R.A.Y.C. could be the most suitable as it was central.
- The activities suggested were Family Cruising Race, these to take the form of a passage race with a social get together on the beach afterwards. These could be held once a month with maybe Harbour Racing for those interested in between.
- A newsletter should be printed and posted to members keeping them up to date with Club activities.
- The Association should be open to all H28's regardless of construction or sail plans.
INSURANCE: The incoming committee was asked to investigate the feasibility of a group insurance scheme worked through a yacht club such as R.A.Y.C. or the N.Z. Coast Guard Service this would result in reduced premiums for members.
GROUP BUYING PRIVILEGES:
The suggestion of organising Group Buying Privileges was discussed and left to the Committee to investigate. The selling of equipment used by members in completing their boats then have no further use for them was also suggested*
DISCUSSION GROUPS ON PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH FITTING OUT HULL AND DECKS:
Mr Wilf Houlen and Mr B, Harden offered to open their boats and discuss any problems owners might have.
Committee: Chairman Mr R, Speed Ph 67-785
Pop 82-179 Bus.
Treasurer Mr N. Collett 580-179 Home
Secretary Mr G. Gaplin 593-099 Bus,
T. Simpson Ph 488-351 Home
R. Beavon 688-472 "
D. Smale 486-409 "
J.K. Maurice 498-826 "
G, Collie Ph 689-959 Bus
The meeting closed at 9:30 P.M.